Set up for a photo shoot on the Pont Alexandre in Paris, France

Friday, February 12, 2010

When travel plans go wrong...

Last weekend I didn't travel far, because I could barely make it three hours away! I have never seen a worse snowstorm in my entire life. My friends and I decided to go skiing for the weekend at Seven Springs, a ski resort in Pennsylvania. I was so excited to finally glide down the slopes again, since the last time I went skiing I was listening to Destiny's Child on a CD player in my snowsuit. What a great idea to drive up a mountain at a time when Western Pennsylvania was expecting about 20 inches of snow. The SUV carrying five of my friends constantly needed willing groups of men to leave their cars and dig them out of the snow, I was lying to my friend, who was driving a Honda, telling her to "continue down the road" when the directions read "go up a long hill" to avoid hysteria during an already three-hour-long drive, and the car that left two hours after us crashed head on into a snowplow (and they were in a Commander, mind you). When everyone arrived to the condo safely, our friend who was hosting the trip literally broke into tears of relief. Traveling definitely brings out everyone's true colors, but luckily we pulled together and ended up in the perfect place for a snowed-in weekend -- full of food, friends and lots of wine.

The first picture is just to give you an idea of just how much it snowed last weekend. The rest are just for fun!

Those are CARS under that snow!

My friends and I, safe and sound.

I wonder how good gorillas are at skiing?

Finally skiing again!

My friend Liz and I after a fun day on the slopes!

Despite the bad weather, Seven Springs really is a great place to ski in Pennsylvania. Check out their Web site: www.7springs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment