Set up for a photo shoot on the Pont Alexandre in Paris, France

Friday, January 15, 2010

Travel Tip: Souvenirs


One of my favorite things about being in another country is using different currencies. It’s always fun to dig through my wallet after a trip and find pesos left over from Mexico or a spare euro from France. But after my initial excitement wears off, I never know where to put them except for a shelf-bound scrapbook. While I was running on the treadmill this morning, the girl next to me had come up with an instant fix to my problem. She was using her leftover European currency as a bookmark. I thought, what a great conversation starter (I immediately wanted to ask her where in Europe she had been) and an easy way to preserve the money for her next visit. See, it’s things like this that make me wish Kindles would just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment